Peningo Systems, Inc.
Resume of Candidate: PEN44
Rate: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for rate information
Twelve years experience. Active Directory Consultant / VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) with an expertise in the implementation and deployment of
Microsoft Active Directory , VMWare ESX and GSX Servers, Windows NT/2000, Linux, and LDAP.
Current Technology Specializations
• Microsoft Active Dir. 2000 & 2003 (Architect, Design, Deployment)
• LDAP Directory Services (Novell, iPlanet, MIIS)
• Citrix Metaframe Architecture, Design, Planning
• Windows XP/Windows 2000/2003 Implementations
• Cisco Network & Cisco IP Telephony (AVVID) Architecture, Design, & Planning
• Server Consolidation Assessment, Planning, & Design
Enterprise Architecture, Design, & Planning
Enterprise Solution Development
Trusted Advisor/Subject Matter Expert
Server and Desktop Deployments
Data Center/Server Consolidation Projects
Technical Project Management
PMP (in progress)
CompTIA Project+ (in progress)
(MCSE) Microsoft Certified System Engineer for Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP Rapid Adoption Program
Citrix Certified Administrator
Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator
Citrix NFuse Elite Certified
Novell Certified Directory Engineer (in progress)
CCNP/CCDP/CCIP (in progress 50%)
VCP (VMware Certified Professional)
Technical Skills (Overview)
OS: Windows Server and Desktop
Database: SQL Server 2000
Migration: NetIQ, Aelita, BindView
Disaster Recovery: PowerQuest
Deployment: Altiris, PowerQuest
Project Management: PMI Methodology,
Microsoft Solutions Framework, CSC Catalyst Framework, CompuCom Addvent, Microsoft Project
Portals: Microsoft Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 Beta 2, Microsoft SharePoint Services Beta 2, Microsoft Sharepoint Portal Server 2001, Microsoft
Sharepoint Team Services
Hardware: HP/Compaq Proliant, IBM x440 Server
Virtual OS: VMware GSX Server, ESX Server
Security: Symantec Antivirus Corporate, McAfee Enterprise, ISA Server, CheckPoint Firewall
March 2003 – Present
Senior Principal Consultant
• Senior Program Manager and Lead Technical Consultant for Premera Blue Cross. Responsibilities include the following:
• Providing subject-matter-expertise and program leadership to the Microsoft Windows XP Professional desktop deployment for 4500+ workstations.
• Providing subject-matter-expertise and program leadership for the Windows 2000 Server to Windows Server 2003 Activie Directory migration
• Providing subject-matter-expertise for the Exchange 5.5 Server to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 migration project
• Additional responsibilities included development of deliverable documentation such as Security Scope, Work plans, project plans, deployment
plans, etc. Direct Reports: 10
• Project Scope: Architecture, Design, and Planning for Active Directory Domain Upgrade, Application Server Migration, Deployment of Windows XP
Professional, Exchange 5.5/2000 Migration/Deployment, NetIQ architecture/design & rollout, SharePoint Team Services deployment.
• Senior Technology Consultant and Lead Technical Architect for the REI, Inc. Rapid Application Provisioning (RAP) Program.
o Providing subject-matter-expertise to the REI technical team throughout the conception and development of a Proof-of-Concept to migrate and
consolidate Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Servers running legacy applications and code to a centralized computing architecture.
o Project Scope: Architecture, Design, and Planning
Rapid Application Provisioning (RAP) Proof-of-Concept (POC)
Production migration of applications and servers located at REI retail store locations to a centralized REI data center
Centralized virtual operating system platform using VMware ESX Server
Centralized application virtualization using Softricity SoftGrid
Server hardware infrastructure using the HP BladeSystem
Consolidation of server-based computing infrastructure using Tarantella Secure Global Desktop
o Environment Scope: consisted of 70+ Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Servers and 700+ end-users located in multiple geographies across the U.S
o Project Budget/Timeframe: $2.5MM/8-10 Months
o Major Project Deliverables: P.O.C. Business Case Justification, ROI Analysis, Alternate Technology Strategies, Design Guides, etc.
• Senior Consultant for the Swedish Medical Center Data Center Infrastructure and IT Infrastructure Improvement Initiative projects.
o Providing subject-matter-expertise and technical leadership for the Windows 2000 Server to Windows Server 2003 Active Directory migration and
o Providing subject-matter-expertise and technical leadership for the Exchange 5.5 Server to Exchange Server 2003 Active Directory migration and
o Providing subject-matter-expertise and technical leadership for the planning and architecture of the Server consolidation and virtualization
o Additional Responsibilities include providing architecture, design, and planning support for ancillary areas of the enterprise infrastructure which
are directly related to and/or affected by the aforementioned initiatives/projects.
February 2002 – February 2003
National Director, Microsoft Practice
• In 2002, lead consulting practice with FY 2001 revenue of $27K to $3.2MM in revenue for the FY 2002.
• Maintained average of 50% GM (Gross Margin) on all consulting projects.
• Led team to close, implement, and complete CompuCom's first major global Active Directory migration project encompassing 200+ servers and 3,000
+ Windows 9.x/NT desktops, and 3 data centers for Gallo Wineries headquartered in Modesto, CA.
• Led team to close and implement CompuCom's second major global Active Directory architecture/design project encompassing 300+ servers and
15,000+ desktops, 5 subsidiaries, 4 data centers, etc. for large, publicly traded, global office supply company located in Boston, Mass.
• Led team to implement and successfully complete the first phase of a multi-site Novell NDS to Windows 2000 Active Directory migration for a global
music corporation headquartered in the UK.
• Additional responsibilities included P&L management, budget development, business development, SOW development and creation, responses to
RFP, RFI, RFQ, Bids, etc., vendor selection, vendor relations/management, and internal sales/marketing training
December 2000 – February 2002
Chief Technology Consultant
• Senior Windows 2000 Project Manager and Lead Technical Consultant for the City of Seattle's Windows 2000 Server/Active Directory and Desktop
Migration Project which encompassed approximately 8000+ Windows 95/98/2000 desktops and 300+ mixed Novell and NT servers.
• Project Manager for ancillary project (Microsoft Rapid Adoption Program) to deploy Windows XP Professional to 1200+ desktops comprised of 5 City
of Seattle departments in less than 2 months.
o Liaised with City department heads and technical staff of individual departments in all aspects of preparation for the deployment of Windows 2000
Professional/Windows XP Professional on the desktop with secondary emphasis on server deployments
o Provided SME on the development of a comprehensive Directory Services strategy for a possible data migration from Novell Directory Services
(NDS) to Active Directory Services (ADS), or utilization of a directory synchronization product such as Microsoft Directory Synchronization Services
(MSDSS), and the use of Meta-Directory products such as Microsoft® Metadirectory Services MMS and Novell eDirectory.
o Provided guidance on development and configuration of city-wide test lab incorporating technologies such as VMware's GSX & ESX Server
• Senior Technical Consultant and Project Manager for Snohomish Public Utility District for rollout of Windows XP Professional to over 1200 desktops.
• Senior Consultant at First Union Bank during their NT/Novell to Windows 2000 Migration Project. Project scope included 70,000+ desktops, and
1500+ servers comprised of a mix of Windows NT, Novell, and Solaris UNIX servers.
o Lead current-state assessment of Novell infrastructure
o Assisted in the development of the enterprise’s Active Directory (ADS) design
o Completed project plan that outlined the steps and processes necessary to successfully complete the migration project
o Assisted in the preparation of the Novell Directory Services (NDS) infrastructure for migration
o Lead the development of implementation plans for hybrid Windows 2000 and UNIX BIND DNS implementation
o Assisted in the development, coordination, and implementation of test labs
July 2000 - March 2001
Senior Systems Engineer - Special Projects
• Senior Engineer on the Alliance/Equiva Services, account. Responsibilities included escalated third-level support for Midrange NT Group for area
covering the United States
• Project Lead and Technical Team Lead for the Chemical and Energy Group on the NORCO-Motiva Refinery Network Split (100+ servers & 1500+
desktops), the Windows NT to Windows 2000 Domain Migration, and Windows NT to Windows 2000 Server Consolidation projects.
• Project Manager and Technical Lead for the definition and implementation of a comprehensive Disaster Recovery solution for NORCO-Motiva
Refinery server operations which included over 100+ Windows NT and UNIX servers.
• Regional Site Lead for the DceS Systems Management Deployment Group and participated in rollout of Computer Associates Unicenter TNG
software to 900+ servers located at multiple sites nationwide.
• Lead Architect for SharePoint Portal Server (Tahoe) deployment used internally to house all documentation related to operations and support for
the Equiva Services account
• Lead Technical Project Manager for 25,000 seat migration and deployment of Microsoft SMS 1.2 to 2.0 to multiple locations nationwide, providing
training and documentation
• Developed, implemented and provided post-implementation support for a common Standard Operating Environment (SOE) at Equiva Trading
Services, Citrix Server Farm. Also responsible for designing and implementing a Citrix NFuse environment for client access to proprietary applications.
Feb 2000 - June 2000
• Assisted with Citrix Metaframe implementation at Kraft Foods for 2500+ end-users and server farm consisting of 50+ servers
• General responsibilities included project management, business development, and client consulting
• Technical responsibilities included system engineering and network design, network documentation, thin-client application integration, and
• Additional responsibilities included development of maintenance and support SLA's, and pre-sale and post-sale technical support for account
Aug 1998 -Dec 1999
Senior Principal Consultant
• General responsibilities included oversight of the implementation of a various client/server projects involving multiple networking technologies
such as TCP/IP, Cisco routers, cable modem technologies, xDSL, T-1, PRI/BRI ISDN, etc.
Dec 1997 - Aug 1998
Senior Technology Consultant
• Responsibilities included creation of detailed technology needs analysis for existing and prospective clients and actively determining and
implementing viable and cost-effective solutions to solve Information Technology requirements for enterprises, and small-to-medium size businesses.
Primary emphasis on networking design and administration, traditional telecommunications and computer telephony integration.
Aug 1996 - Sept 1997
Lead Technical Consultant
• Oversaw the design, development, and deployment of a thin-client server based computing network infrastructure that utilized Windows NT 4.0
Terminal Server, and Citrix Winframe 1.7, for the purpose of implementing a WAN remote access solution for approximately 800+ attorneys working across
4 US states and Europe. Project included integration of Citrix environment with Novell Netware 4.x
July 1994 - July 1996
Senior Systems Engineer
• Responsibilities included design and development of client/server networks operating in mixed LAN/WAN environments. Oversaw the design,
development, and deployment of proprietary LAN solution utilizing software from Novell (Netware 3.x, 4.x) and Mitchell International, Inc. at the largest
auto-body shop in the state of North Carolina, which supported 200+ users.
Nov 1992- June 1994 .
Senior Systems Engineer
• Responsibilities included design, installation, and subsequent maintenance and/or technical support as needed of integrated implementations of
Novell (Netware 3.x, 4.x) a vertical market electronic estimating software from Mitchell International, Inc. (a division of Thompson Publishing)