Peningo Systems, Inc.
Resume of Candidate: PEN13
Rate: email us at email@example.com for rate information
Contact info: For information on this candidate please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BMC Patrol Consultant with over 17 years of diverse experience in Information Technology and computing environments having served in a variety of
roles, including analyst, engineer, application developer, technician, and management. Has an expertise in BMC Patrol (5 years), BMC Knowledge
Modules configuration & customization (Windows, Unix, Solaris, Linux, Internet Services, MS Exchange, SQL, Oracle, Sybase), and BMC Patrol Scripting
Language / PSL. Has experience with BMC Professional Services supporting Patrol and Knowledge Modules project.
Skills and Abilities:
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows (NT/95/2000/XP/2003), Unix (Linux, Solaris, BSD)
- Hardware: HP/Compaq, Dell, Sun, Cisco Routers and Switches
- Software: Microsoft Office Applications, Microsoft Project, Exchange, Visio, BMC Patrol, Remedy Action Request System, Access, SQL Server,
- Networking: Routers, Switches, Firewalls, LAN/WAN topologies, Ethernet, FDDI, ISDN, DSL, T1/T3, Frame Relay, Network Monitoring and
Troubleshooting, Intrusion Detection and Prevention.
- Internet Services Administration: Web, FTP, Mail, News, IRC, DHCP, NAT, VPN, Anti-Spam Solution
- Programming and Application Development: Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Basic, VBA, PSL (Patrol Scripting Language), Perl, C, Shell Scripting,
BMC Software (3/99 – Present)
- As a Professional Services Software Consultant, performed software implementation at a variety of customer locations. Worked with customers
through the entire implementation process, including planning, design, test, deployment, documentation, and health checks of Patrol solutions.
- Led discussions of architectural overviews and planning sessions.
- Presented architectural overviews and knowledge transfer to customer representatives.
- Provided solutions requiring customized coding and application development
- Participated in development of Best Practices and Implementation Methodologies.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of Professional Services Lab Environment, and was the principal contact and liaison with several
organizational groups to coordinate sharing of lab resources.
- Designed and built several mobile classroom lab environments to be used by instructors and consultants to conduct training and proof of concept
work at customer locations.
- Worked closely with members of various internal departments to assist with information sharing, process documentation, performance
improvement, planning and support.
- Served as an instructor during conferences and training periods. Taught classes and led lab exercises for internal employees.
- Technical Project Lead on several customer sites at which I was part of a team of consultants performing an implementation.
- Served in a mentoring role on several occasions for other consultants.
- Presented with an “Ideas in Action Award” for designing and developing a windows application which is used by consultants and customers
throughout the world.
Paranet (Sprint Paranet) / Amoco Oil Company (6/96 – 3/99)
- Contracted to Amoco Corporation Information Technology
- Maintained LAN/WAN network hardware at four locations. Responsible for routers, switches, firewalls, FDDI distribution systems.
- Provided internal user support, assisting with all aspects of PC and server issues, application support, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Assisted in planning and executing corporate-wide OS migration for Windows 95
- Wrote an updated version of a monitoring system which was in place known as Service Availability Notification System (S.A.N.S.). Code was re-
written to provide additional functionality and efficiency. The S.A.N.S. system was used for monitoring network resources across several locations, and
provided audible, visual, and alpha-paging notifications in the event of a problem.
Phoenix Data Systems (3/95 – 6/96)
- Installed, configured and maintained server hardware and operating systems including BSD, Linux, Solaris, Windows NT, Windows 95 and Novell
- Installed, configured, and maintained internet server software for Web, News, Mail, and FTP servers.
- Provided third level support to customer help desk, in order to assist in resolving escalated issues from customer support.
- Performed installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of internet communications equipment, including routers, switches,
modems, CSU/DSU, T1, T3, ISDN, and Frame Relay.
- Responsible for coordinating, ordering, installation, and maintenance of communication circuits.
- Assisted with troubleshooting of network issues, including intrusion detection and prevention.
- Provided installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of company’s internal network and servers.
- Attended training and certification program for Remedy Action Request System. Implemented Remedy solutions throughout the company for use by
Customer Support, Sales, Accounting, Operations, and Administrative functions.
Certifications and Education:
- Current student pursuing Bachelor of Science in Business / Information Systems
o MCSE, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, specializing in NT4. (Currently pursuing Windows MCSE 2003 Certification)
o MCP+I, Microsoft Certified Professional – Internet Specialization
- BMC Software:
o BMCS-CE, BMC Software Certified Engineer. Specializing in PATROL Products.
o Patrol Administrator for Windows and Unix
o Patrol Knowledge Module Development
o BMC Software Applied Project Leadership Program
- Managing and Leading Across Organizational Boundaries
- Project Management Fundamentals