Peningo Systems, Inc.
Resume of Candidate: PEN-98
Rate: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for rate information
Hyperion Software Consultant
• Over 18 years of experience implementing, managing and using Oracle/Hyperion Business Performance Management applications including
Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) 126.96.36.199, Financial Data Quality Management (FDM), Hyperion Enterprise 5.5, Spiderman Web Reporting, Hyperion
Planning 9.3, Hyperion Essbase, MicroControl and OnTrack.
• Understanding of financial consolidation and reporting requirements including internal and external reporting and analysis, cash flow reporting,
intercompany balancing and reconciliation and reporting in a multi-currency environment.
• Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements as it pertains to both financial reporting controls and system maintenance controls.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and dedicated customer-service focus in both supporting and training Hyperion users and
working with upper management in implementing complex reporting requirements.
• Detail-oriented and analytical with solid problem-solving skills capable of assessing and designing reporting solutions, improving process flow and
validating multiple data sources to maintain financial reporting integrity.
• Proven ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects and tasks and to work independently.
Application Consultant September 2007 – Present
• Participated as a team member in an HFM implementation project to build a corporate consolidations financial reporting application by designing
currency translation process and assisting in testing and validating structure, reports and mapping of data from SAP general ledger.
• Maintained the HFM and FDM applications on an ongoing basis including updating the structure, rules and reports to accommodate changes in the
business environment and providing support to users during month-end close.
• Worked with internal and external auditors and financial accounting group to design and maintain strong controls around changes and updates to
the financial reporting database to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
• Improved data collection process during month-end close by creating process to transform and load accounting data from several different general
ledger systems using FDM into the consolidated HFM application.
• Assisted in Hyperion Planning implementation project to provide planning capability for Victoria’s Secret Stores operations.
Project Manager November 2000 – September 2007
• Designed, implemented and maintained multiple Hyperion Enterprise financial reporting applications at both the consolidated and operational level.
• Wrote over 150 reports using Hyperion Reporting and the Hyperion Excel add-in.
• Designed an HFM application used for reporting general ledger data, sourced and mapped 7 years of historical data and provided training to user
• Developed a data transformation process to accurately load data sourced from several general ledger systems into consolidated level Enterprise
application using FDM.
• Provided ongoing maintenance, support and training for almost 200 Hyperion users located around the world.
• Coordinated monthly consolidation process, including data collection and review, posting of consolidated level journal entries, intercompany
balancing, balance sheet review and cash flow reporting.
• Created documentation and coordinated testing of Sarbanes-Oxley control objectives for the Hyperion system.
• Participated as a team member in the creation of consolidation level financial reporting Sarbanes-Oxley control objectives and conducted initial
testing of accounting controls for two subsidiary companies.
Hyperion Consultant January 1997 – November 2000
• Designed and implemented Hyperion Essbase and Spiderman Web Reporting for business unit level reporting project. Process involved structural
design and report creation as well as development of an automated process for extracting data from PeopleSoft into Essbase and from Essbase into the
Spiderman reporting vehicle.
• Designed, implemented and maintained Hyperion Enterprise applications for International and Credit Card operations.
• Provided ongoing administration for new Enterprise applications. Administration involved collection and loading of accounting data from the
general ledger, end-user training and support for 50 users, structural redesign as necessary for changes in accounting requirements or organizational
changes and creation and maintenance of books and reports.
• Assisted as a project team member in the PeopleSoft Corporate General Ledger implementation, mainly involving redesign of chart of accounts,
reporting hierarchy, data validation and training of end-users.
Accountant November 1990 – January 1997
• Managed and maintained the Hyperion MicroControl and OnTrack applications used for consolidation-level reporting. Maintenance required
creating and updating reports in both MicroControl and Ontrack, updating chart of accounts, and maintenance of automated process for updating
OnTrack via creation of DOS batch files.
• Participated in monthly consolidation process including preparing and analyzing consolidated financial statements for senior management and
creating presentations for Executive Committee and Board of Director meetings.
• Compiled, validated, analyzed, and prepared financial data for quarterly and annual reporting to shareholders and SEC.
• Coordinated data gathering and submission of government reporting to the Department of Commerce.
• Assisted in special projects such as restatements for acquisitions and dispositions and updating reporting processes due to changes in regulatory