Peningo Systems, Inc.
Resume of Candidate: PEN94
Rate: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for rate information
CPA, MCSE, MCDBA
Oracle Certified Professional
Certified Hyperion Essbase Consultant, 7.1.2
Summary of Qualifications
• Functional Consultant with 10 years of general accounting including full financial preparation, reconciliations, staff hiring and evaluation.
• 7 years ERP upgrades, implementations, installations, report development, software support and selection.
• 2 years project management
• 3 years database support, 10 years SQL development
• 10 years financial report development
• Worked with Oracle Financials, Epicor (formerly Platinum) Financials, Hyperion – HFM, Planning and Essbase, Crystal Reports, FRX
• Worked extensively with Financial Planning and Assessment with Oracle Financials and Hyperion HFM while at Dell Computers
Accounting Practice Accounting Systems/Tech Practice Software Industry Lines
Staff Development FRx (Financial Report Development) Epicor G/L, A/R, A/P, FA, Distribution Real Estate
Prepare Monthly Financials Oracle FSG Oracle G/L, A/R, A/P, Fixed Assets Retail
Partnership Accounting SQL stored procedure modification and development Great Plains G/L, A/R, A/P Food & Beverage
Fund Accounting General Ledger Setup Excel Banking
Cost Accounting Accounts Payable Vendor, Terms, G/L Posting Setup Crystal Reports Non-Profit
Cash Accounting Accounts Receivable Customers, Terms, G/L Posting Setup Access Healthcare
Budget Forecasts Fixed Asset Setup, Depreciation Methods, balance validation Quickbooks Printing
Variance Analysis Inventory/Purchasing/Shipping setup Powerpoint Manufacturing
B/S Reconciliations Visual Basic form creation and modification Hyperion Planning Music
A/P Review Data analysis, movement Hyperion Financial Management Telecom
Consolidations SQL Server DTS packages Hyperion Essbase
Journal Entry review Oracle and Microsoft data exchange automation Outlooksoft/Everest
Audit Schedules Process Development and documentation
Multi-Currency Setup/Automation Hyperion Essbase Calc Script Modifications
2007 - 2008
Opex Controller (started as Financial Analyst)
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, and analyze actual results variances
• Provide interpretation and analysis of monthly results and variances.
• Coordinate worldwide recording of COGS related development activities.
• Perform audits of processes related to month end close, as part of maintaining SOX compliance, and manage the activities of consultants hired to
audit the international movement of materials. Establish and maintain shipping policies among various departments.
• Manage accounting entry functions and report generation from multiple accounting systems including consolidation of accounting data from
multiple cost centers and product lines.
• Head Count reporting/planning/tracking, coordinate updates and corrections. Created a process document.
• Manage activities of consultant(1).
• Develop excel macro to extract invoice pages from within PDF files for auditing and journal entry backup documentation.
• Rewrite HFM reports and update Smartview ad hoc queries for Hyperion upgrade(HFM) and conversion from Everest to HPT.
• Liaison between Finance and Technical teams regarding Essbase changes.
• Modified Essbase calc scripts.
• Built onboarding document to improve training efficiencies for new hires or transitioning employees.
2001 - 2006
Services organization providing Accounting Systems Project Management, Customization, Training and Process Improvements
• Accounting software installations, configurations, upgrades and customizations. Implementations included Great Plains, Epicor and Oracle.
Modules implemented included A/P, A/R, Fixed Assets, Inventory, P/O, Shipping, Multi Currency and Cash Management. Various tools included SQL, PL-
SQL, Access, Crystal Reports, FRX and Excel.
• Design accounting processes and controls around new functionality such as setting up multi currency, solving revenue recognition through
reporting solutions, setting credit limits in accounts receivable, integrating bank reconciliations with downloadable banking statements.
• Assist customers with accounting software selection.
• Deliver individual and classroom training.
• Provide project management for large development projects including guidance for other consultants.
• Consolidations, multi-company setup, multiple sets of books.
• Database customization(stored procedures, views, tables, etc.), DTS packages, multiple BI tools.
2000 - 2001
Technology company providing local and long hauling tracking devices with efficiency planning software.
Accounting Software Manager
• Upgrade of accounting software/SQL database and financial reporting software.
• Analyze business processes, design improvements.
• Perform as software selection lead.
• Resolve issues with accounting software.
• Adjust software settings, provide functionality expertise. Modules implemented included A/P, A/R, Fixed Assets, Inventory, P/O, Shipping, Multi
Currency and Cash Management.
1998 - 1999
Value added reseller of mid-tier accounting packages such as MAS 90, Great Plains and Epicor(formerly Platinum).
• Managed completion of Epicor implementation at Deloitte and Touche in Tulsa, Ok. Modules implemented included A/P, A/R, Fixed Assets, Inventory,
P/O, Shipping, Multi Currency and Cash Management.
• Interim Consulting Operations Manager overseeing 6 sites and 2 other consultants.
•Train and develop consulting staff.
• Classroom instruction for customers.