Peningo Systems, Inc.
Resume of Candidate: PEN70
Rate: email us at email@example.com for rate information
Certified - IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler v8.2
IBM/Tivoli Certified Training Partner instructor, teaching courses for different clients on Tivoli Workload Scheduler
Over ten years experience. Tivoli Consultant with an expertise in Maestro / Tivoli Workload Scheduler (10 years). Is a contributor on IBM Publications and
Redbooks on Tivoli Workload Scheduler (IBM RedBook on Tivoli Workload Scheduler v8.3, Designed IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler v8.3 Certification
Exam for IBM Tivoli Certification, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Version 8.2: New Features and Best Practices).
Sep.2004 - present Tivoli Enterprise Systems Consultant & Instructor
Specialising in Consulting and teaching in Tivoli Enterprise products and AlarmPoint. Involve in Teaching Tivoli Workload Scheduler for IBM and and
other client’s globally.
-Working on one of the major accounts implementing Tivoli Framework, Enterprise Console, Monitoring 5.1.2, Monitoring for Databases (Oracle & MS-
SQL), Monitoring for Exchange and integration between Tivoli Enterprise Console and Peregrine ServiceCentre; Technical documentation, low-level
Working on some of the major IBM customer accounts, implementing Tivoli Framework, NetView, TEC, Monitoring 5.1.2 and Disaster Recovery; Integration
between Tivoli Enterprice Console and Assyst trouble-ticketing systems; Integration between TEC and SMARTS; Documentation & hand over to BAU.
- Architecture, design, implementation and support of the Tivoli Enterprise Management suite, involving Framework 4.1.1, TEC 3.9, ITM 5.1.2, 6.1 and TWS
- Migration of Tivoli Workload Scheduler from v.7.0 to v.8.1. The project involved designing, planning, conducting and implementing the migration. Also
involved in a day-to-day support and troubleshooting of TWS, TEC and Monitoring and dealing with users (customers). "Side" project involvement with
migration of Framework 3.6.2, TEC 3.6 and DM 3.6 to versions Framework 4.1.1, ITM 5.1.2 and TEC 3.8.
- Design and implementation of integration between Tivoli Enterprise Console and AlarmPoint and teaching AlarmPoint v. 6.1.
- Teaching Tivoli Workload Scheduler for IBM UK and Ireland customers and IBM personnel.
- Design, information gathering and implementation of Tivoli Workload Scheduler for SAP for Iberia.
- Teaching Tivoli Workload Scheduler, design, architecture and implementation at City & County for the Government-wide internal project.
- IBM RedBook on Tivoli Workload Scheduler v8.3 (August 2006)
- Designed IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler v8.3 Certification Exam for IBM Tivoli Certification (September 2006)
Oct.2000- Sep.2004 Tivoli Enterprise Systems Consultant & Instructor
IT Consulting role. Work predominantly based at client sites on delivering Tivoli Enterprise Management solutions, including Enterprise Console,
NetView, Software Distribution, Remote Control, Inventory, Workload Scheduler, Monitoring, etc. Design and development of Tivoli integration modules
with other, non-Tivoli, products, such as AlarmPoint.
Part of a team or alone, responsible for planning, architecture, design, implementation and automation of Tivoli Management Systems.
- Software and hardware design solutions, architecture and implementation of Tivoli Management system components for different clients;
- configuration and automation of Tivoli components and other add-on and independent software solutions;
- documentation and support for client off site;
- project proposals, planning and management;
- presentation of various solutions and Tivoli products;
- integration with third-party products;
- client support for Tivoli suite, TWS and AlarmPoint;
- Framework: architecture, design, implementation, customisation and automation of Tivoli framework; writing and applying different policies and
- TEC: architecture, design, implementation, configuration, extensive rule writing; integration with AlarmPoint, Remedy and Service Centre; Strong in
- Monitoring: design, implementation, configuration, setting up pre-configured monitors; writing custom monitors and using ITM work-bench;
- Data Warehouse: implementation and integration of TEDW for TEC, ITM and TWS.
- Configuration Manager: design and implementation;
- Remote Control: design, implementation, configuration, setting up different policies, customisation;
- Workload Scheduler: architecture, design, implementation, customisation, support, teaching; - IBM certified instructor.
- AlarmPoint: architecture, design, implementation, customisation of the product; integration with Tivoli components; script writing; teaching; Invoq
- IBM/Tivoli Certified Training Partner instructor, teaching courses for different clients on Tivoli Workload Scheduler.
- AlarmPoint, Invoq System-certified instructor.
Nov.1998- Oct.2000 Tivoli Integration Executive, Reuters Ltd, London
part of a team responsible for delivering infrastructure using Tivoli TME10 functionality in order to remotely manage client site workstations as well as
servers based in Data Centres;
- Implementation of critical Tivoli technology into Reuters data centres worldwide.
- development and integration of solutions on the Tivoli Management Environment to meet Reuters business requirements;
- automation of Tivoli environment within Reuters world—wide;
- software and hardware design solutions for all management services and system management functions supported by the Tivoli Framework;
- logical design, development and implementation of Tivoli Framework;
- design and development of extensions and upgrades to the Tivoli Management Environment required to support Reuters services;
- configuring products, writing and testing integration code (in Perl and/or Unix shell), writing and updating rule bases, testing and issuing software
- provide 3rd level support to other Reuters Tivoli implementations and technical assistance to their application developers;
Aug.1996 -Nov.1998 GNCC Network Controller, Reuters Ltd, London
Providing first level support of a financial database hosted on a suite of 30 Unix nodes running Unix (SVR4), Teradata and Oracle databases and Tivoli
System Management software.
Dec.1995-Feb.1996 Harriet Gabb Recruitment, London
Temping for different companies predominantly using Microsoft Office and Fox-Pro database. Assumed a personal assistant role with Johnson Fry, 20
Regent Street, London, SW1Y 4PZ.
Jul.1994-Oct.1995 Media Research Ltd., London
Using 'Access' Database, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Publisher for data inputting DTP, presenting reports. Operating high-fidelity audio and video
equipment for media market research purposes. Printing weekly and monthly reports for the company and company clients.
• Tivoli Enterprise Systems: Framework, TEC (rules programming), Monitoring (ITM 5.1.2, ITM 6.1 and DM), ITM for Databases, ITM for Messaging &
Collaboration, Data Warehousing; Configuration Manager (Software Distribution & Inventory), Remote Control, NetView, Workload Scheduler (Maestro) –
Tivoli Certified Instructor, Web Services Manager, NetView (basic), Storage Manager (basic);
• programming languages: C/C++, Windows API, Perl, SQL, Unix Shell Programming, HTML, XML, Java Script, basic Java, Pascal/Turbo Pascal, Modula 2,
Miranda (functional programming);
• operating systems: Windows NT/2000/XP, Linux (RedHat, Suse), UNIX - Solaris, SVR4, HP, AIX (system administration level) and VAX/VMS (basic);
• databases: Teradata, Oracle (database administration level), DB2, MS-SQL, Access, Paradox, dBase III plus;
• other software: Tivoli management systems Enterprise suite, AlarmPoint, Remedy, Service Centre, BMC Impact Manager (former “MasterCell”);
• general: planning/scoping, project management, architecture and design of system solutions, presentations, training/teaching, database design,
- IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler v8.2
- IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console 3.9