Peningo Systems, Inc.
Resume of Candidate: PEN-64
Rate: email us at email@example.com for rate information
JDA Software Consultant
Accomplished, results-driven Senior Solutions Architect & Project Manager (Hands-on) with over 20 years experience bridging the gap between
business requirements and technology capabilities. Solid expertise in Oracle, PL/SQL and database design/modeling. Track record of leading
implementations that contribute to revenue growth, improved business efficiencies and increased service levels. Pivotal technical resource to both
major organizations and startups.
• Successfully leverage comprehensive knowledge of business processes and hardware/software technology to translate complex requirements into
sound systems’ solutions.
• Expertise in Manugistics TMS.
• Extensive experience working with Subject Matter Experts.
• Outstanding leadership, presentation and communication skills.
• Innovative contributor, with a solid commitment to client satisfaction and the ability to execute on multiple priorities within fast-paced environments.
KEY Business Systems Analysis Process Re-engineering
COMPETENCIES Project Management Strategic Planning
System Integration Database Design
Tech Lead Migrations & Upgrades
Supply Chain & Manufacturing Rapid Application Development
Sales/Marketing/Distribution Customer Relationship Management
TECHNICAL Development: Oracle, MQSeries, Case Method, webMethods, RAD,
SKILLS Database Design
Platforms: UNIX, Windows NT, Mainframe, Citrix
Applications: Manugistics Transport/Freight Pay, SAP (R3/APO), EDI
PROFESSIONAL 2000 Present
EXPERIENCE Managing Solutions Architect/EAI Consultant
Lead Solutions Architect on a supply chain business process re-engineering and system implementation initiative, for Manugistics’ Transport System
(TMS) on Cornerstone Project. The system includes order management, sales/operations, planning and plant scheduling, and is estimated to save
$millions annually in freight costs while improving service levels to distributors.
• As liaison between IT, Transportation and Finance/Disbursements, gather requirements for transportation modules for supply chain.
• Partner with software vendor to ensure TMS supports reengineered business processes and integrations with SAP APO and R/3, Information
• Manage technical resources for UNIX, Citrix, ABAP, MQSeries, EDI, Websphere, webMethods, NT and Oracle.
• TMS Phase I: System optimized and executed Freight Carrier assignment from 3 plants and 11 distribution centers, and over 1200 customers, as well
as providing carrier communication, freight movement analysis and freight pay processing.
Designed and developed 12 Enterprise integrations between TMS and several legacy systems using MQSeries, Oracle, Webconnect, and links to
freight carriers using EDI and email communication.
Analyzed existing systems and data structures to produce data conversion and load software.
Built a Custom Freight Rate Editor (FRED) for TMS using OAS and PL/SQL Cartridges for dynamic HTML. Also used PL/SQL, C and Perl, Awk, and
• TMS Phase II: Modified existing integrations to allow TMS software upgrade to V6.2, and supported implementation of TMS at other plants and SRC’
Constructed new integrations to implement Freight Pay Modules of TMS to autopay all freight associated with Coors truck, intermodal and rail
outbound beer shipments, empty returns & Molson outbound beer shipments.
Utilized webMethods for both EAI and B2B integrations between TMS, Coors legacy systems (VAX Basic and Oracle), and SAP. Adapters utilized
include Oracle, MQSeries, FileIO, email, and SAP.
• Design and Tech Lead for the redevelopment and upgrade of the Web-based Freight Rate Bid Tool, providing an RFQ exchange between corporate
Transportation and the freight carriers. Utilized Websphere and Oracle to achieve the integration with TMS.
• Supplied technical leadership on the design and development of over 30 WebMethods integrations between the TMS system, SAP (R3/APO), Coors’
Information Warehouse, business partners and freight carriers.
• Tech lead for new TMS functionality brought online with Cornerstone Project, including Reverse Logistics, Rail Shipment Planning, Bulk Beer
Processing and Match Pay, an electronic invoicing module with freight carriers.
• Headed numerous projects requiring detailed cutover planning and integration system testing: TMS migration to an outsourced Data Center, Mock
Cutover for TMS & Cornerstone Project and TMS Cutover Team.
Environment: Manugistics, SAP (R3/APO), UNIX, Citrix, ABAP, MQSeries, EDI, Websphere, webMethods, Windows NT, Oracle, PL/SQL, HTML, Perl, Awk,
Ksh, C, VAX Basic
Principal Solutions Architect 7 months
Interviewed prospective clients to gather system requirements for this B2B Internet startup providing e-finance services to small businesses.
• Produced a prototype system that extracted and loaded invoice data from subscribers’ accounting systems into an Oracle 8i database for
accessibility via the Web.
Application processed client companies’ billings, managed A/R and supplied real-time payment history on potential customers.
System pooled collections across companies and on-line auctions, offering less expensive financing based on receivables.
Environment: Oracle 8i
IT Director/Co-Founder 4 years 2 months
Headed operations of this international software localization/distribution company. Managed global sales, marketing and distribution efforts and a staff
• Built & cultivated relationships with domestic software publishers and international distribution partners.
• Successfully localized & distributed 150+ software titles in over 10 countries.
• Acquired exclusive rights to educational and entertainment software titles from major US software publishers.
• Developed international edutainment software markets.
• Gained extensive experience with international license and distribution agreements.
Managing Consultant 2 years
Influential member in a strategic study to determine IT needs of 3 container manufacturing plants, involving interviews with over 125 key personnel.
Identified current/future needs and presented recommendations to management for approved development.
• Performed detailed analysis & design on a finished goods inventory system for the glass manufacturing plant.
• Produced the Product Quality Compliance System, efficiently tracking and reporting results of the pull date inspections done at retail stores.
• Designed and developed the corporate reference information system used by sales and marketing.
• Provided on-site employee training in CASE Method and Rapid Development with Oracle CASE.
Environment: Oracle CASE, CASE Method, RAD
Project Manager (1989 02/1994)
Senior Systems Analyst (1984 – 1989)
Led the migration of applications from a proprietary mainframe environment to Open Systems (UNIX), encompassing client/server implementation utilizing
Oracle CASE, CASE Method and Oracle toolset.
• Increased production from 300,000 ozs/year to 1.6 million ozs/yr, with a reduction in accounting staff, by developing a Metal Sales & Production
Accounting system. This system managed precious metal production, refining, shipping, marketing, royalty distribution and sample tracking.
• Created an Ore Control/Materials Movement system to track the drilling, sampling, assaying, identification, surveying, blasting and movement of
gold material from the mines.
Allowed mine management to process gold bearing material more efficiently and reduced production costs per ounce.
• Implemented a centralized data repository for mills & heap leach facilities, supplying information needed to operate the plants more efficiently
through daily metallurgical balance (budget/forecast/actual) and operational reporting.
• Designed and developed a Geologic Information Management system, facilitating the accurate collection and modeling of ore deposits and geology.
• Designed and developed a fully integrated real-time online Materials Management System used by the mining properties of Newmont. Modules
included requisition processing, purchase orders, inventory control, and maintenance/work orders.
Environment: Oracle 7, Oracle CASE, CASE Method, Oracle Toolset, Open Systems (UNIX),L