Peningo Systems, Inc.
Resume of Candidate: PEN23
Rate: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for rate information
Contact info: For information on this candidate please email us at email@example.com
JD Edwards OneWorld Specialist
Summary of Skills & Knowledge
Applications: GL, AR, AP, FA, MC, EMEA Banking, Contract and Service Billing and Job Cost, Consolidations and Manufacturing Accounting. Order-to-
Cash, (Sales Order Entry and A/R) Procure-to-Pay, (Procurement, A/P) also familiar with some Inventory and Payroll /HR functionality. ERW and
Development tools, including strong setup and administer OMW. FASTR, WorldWriter and query tools. Query/400. SQL, MS Access.
Technical: World SW and PTF Installs, testing and promotion. Variety of skills in SDLC. OMW change management, custom reports, interfaces and
programs, including:. Analysis, design, plan, develop, test, user training, and support. .
Solid security expertise in both EnterpriseOne and World products., including: review (best practices) and analyze, document, planning and
implementation including setup and testing of PS JDE security. (including SOX compliance testing.)
Training: GL, AR, AP, FASTR, WorldWriter, Technical Foundation, Fixed Assets, Job Cost, Manufacturing Acct’g, OW Config., Planning, and Setup. OW
System Planning, Implementation, Design, Development and Support:
Hands on: Ten years JD Edwards experience, including over seven years of EnterpriseOne.
I’ve been Involved in more than fifteen JD Edwards implementation, upgrade, and support projects of both the World and EnterpriseOne products.
Career experience also includes 10 years as CPA prior to transition to IT. Recently, I’ve also participated in four Sarbanes-Oxley projects, working on
process documentation, scripting, testing, and remediation. I am able to communicate with users and management as well as across cross-functional
areas of an organization; am adept at identification of management and user needs as well as mapping business requirements to solutions, including:
process and requirement analysis, implementation, and support.
Since 1994, focused primarily on PeopleSoft (JDE) implementation and support, I have obtained a thorough knowledge of the software. This includes the
PS-JDE database, integration of applications and modules, implementation methodology, best practices, development standards, security planning and
setup, change management, and available tools. I am proficient in Procure-to-Pay, Order-to-Cash, Development Tools. I have also worked with Fixed
Assets, Job Cost, Contract and Service billing modules and have supported financials, sales order processing and procurement users. Has an expertise
in AAI / DMAAI. Responsibilities have included implementation, production support, report writing, change management, and project management. Hands-
on involvement includes: detailed plan development, communication, and execution. Seasoned in setup, user support, application troubleshooting,
interface requirement definition and analysis, design and testing, data conversion, validation, and correction, and change management. Also have a
working knowledge of several ERP packages and am certified in the Great Plains package, and clear understanding of ERP concepts and best practices.
· BS-Business Administration from University of Arkansas (CPA)- 1984
· AS-Midrange Computer Management – AS/400 from El Centro College, Dallas, TX - 1998
· JD Edwards Training Classes 1994 -2000. Also Independent Study 2000-2003.
· Sarbanes-Oxley Training 4-2004
Business & Application Experience
FINANCIAL SYSTEM SOLUTIONS
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (4/04 – present)
· Working with consulting firm on several Sarbanes-Oxley compliance engagements. Participating in both Business and IT arenas. Process
documentation and testing of General Accounting, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay processes. Application security. Testing of both World and
NETSCREEN TECHNOLOGIES, INC
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST II (9/03 – 04/04)
· Support Users: Activities included wide range of support, teaching voucher entry, basic account reconciliation, report writing and batch program
customization. Work closely with Distribution/ Operations BSA. Also provided backup support of Order Management and Procurement processes.
Participated in system integrations for Order to Cash and Procure to Pay process in preparation for the merger.
· Development: Customized reports and Update UBE’s using the JDE development toolset (ERW, RDA, and event rules). MC revaluation program to
suit user needs.
· Procure to Pay: including Procurement, AP, Received not vouchered, and Item Master.
· Order to Cash: including Order processing, Sales Update (JDE GL interface), Business specific modifications, Accounts Receivable.
· Identified root cause of many data integrity issues. Reconciled differences and assisted Finance with issue resolution and disposition.
· Provided highly detailed (standardized) security plan for large organizations to assist organization with compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley act.
· Initiated tight communication process to ensure that issues are resolved without replication of effort.
· Identified and documented control issues related to Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Company merged with Juniper Networks in mid-April 2004. Was laid-off
upon acquisition. However, continued to work with management of acquiring company to educated and assist in resolution of those issues. This was
completed at the end of June, 2004.
GILEAD SCIENCES, INC
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (4/03 – 8/03)
· IMPLEMENTATION AND SUPPORT, wORLD a7.3
· Implemented General Accounting and Accounts Payable including Procurement applications for two new companies; Included laser check printing,
Positive Pay, On-line Bank Reconciliation.
· Post go-live support.
· User Documentation for custom processes and programs.
· Custom reports: Financial, Sales Reporting, Customer Service.
· Job Streams including custom queries and workfiles.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (9/02 – 3/03)
REPORT WRITING – finance, Contract/Service Billing, Job Cost, PAYROLL
· Post go-live support and modifications to programs using JDE development toolset.
· Custom reports: Financial, Contract Billing, Service Billing, Job Cost, and Payroll.
· Job Streams including custom reports, business views and workfiles.
· Configuration of OMW (change management) rules to reflect the needs of the client.
· Documentation, implementation, and training - OMW change management procedures.
EDWARDS LIFE SCIENCES, INC.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (5/02 – 8/02)
jd eDWARDS Technical lead – finance, upgrade a7.3 to OneWorld B7.3.XE
· Conversion and validation of Accounts Receivable and Address Book data.
· Planning, specifications, testing of Sales Order, Accounts Payable, and G/L interfaces. Also coded minor modifications using RPG.
· Planning, specifications, and testing of multi-country payment (custom) programs.
· Post go-live support and modifications to programs using OneWorld development toolset. Also coded minor modifications using RPG.
· Detected and resolved issues encountered during G/L history conversion, preventing highly visible delays at go-live.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (10/01 – 4/02)
jd eDWARDS PROJECT MANAGER, (AARP)
* Project planning and execution including: detailed project, migration, and security plans.
* Modules implemented: Foundations, General Accounting, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Inventory Management, Sales Order Entry, Fixed Assets and
* Manage team of 11, 4 application consultants, 5 developers, a CNC, and a project coordinator
* Training preparation and execution for financial applications.
* Supervise and review setup and testing, including detailed readiness assessment.
* Application Security planning and setup; change management planning and setup.
* Planning and Communication with multiple levels, Users through Directors and functional areas of the client organization. (Finance, IT, Procurement,
Order Entry, and Inventory groups)
* Interface and data conversion analysis and re-design. Interface testing and troubleshooting.
* Report writing and minor code modifications using JD Edwards development tools.
DIAMOND OF CALIFORNIA, STOCKTON, CA
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (10/00 – 7/01)
jd eDWARDS APPLICATION CONSULTING,
* Setup review/documentation/correction
* Reconcile and document Order-to-Cash, including Advanced Pricing, Sales, A/R and G/L.
* Complex report and light application development using JD Edwards toolset. Financial, Integrity and Procurement Reports.
* User support, Data Analysis and conversion correction.
* Identify data integrity issues and implement solutions for those issues.
* Interface analysis and design
* Assist financial user with Cognos reports. Report writing, query, and exports
* Provide IT Cognos support person with high level JDE data structure documentation and integration information. Troubleshooting mapping issues.
Simple Cognos reports.
MEMTEK, INC., SANTA FE SPRINGS, CA
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (7-00 - 10-00)
JDE PROJECT MANAGER, OneWorld B184.108.40.206 Upgrade to B7.3.XE
* Setup review/documentation/correction.
* Platform analysis HP/Oracle vs. AS/400 based on performance, maintenance, and cost
* Hardware configuration analysis for Upgrade to OneWorld XE including sizing AS/400
* Detailed Project Plan for Upgrade. Financials, Distribution, CNC, Custom modifications
* Acquisition and review of proposals for consulting services to be performed during the upgrade to OneWorld XE.
* Screening of CNC consultants
* Provide IT internal staff training plans and implement those plans
* Review of environments and identify change management issues and cleanup recommendation.
* Detailed analysis of Item Master data, document issues to solve Inventory issues.
BRIGHTSTAR-IT., FOSTER CITY, CA.
PROJECT MANAGER, JD EDWARDS PRACTICE (1999-2000)
Financial Application Consulting,
· Setup review/documentation/correction; Data cleanup.
* Lead and motivate team. Supervision of G/L, Procurement, Report Writing consultants.
* Hands-on Accounting and Finance setup. User training.
* Lock Box (auto-cash) receipts processing testing, setup, user training and support.
* Extensive analysis of Procurement/A-P process. Develop Integrity reports to prevent issues.
* Testing and review of Sales Update, Work Order Close. and other end-of day processes.
* Document relationships between JDE modules, Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, and Work Orders. Included AAI’s, DMAAI’s, Order Activity Rules,
Document Types, Line Types, etc.
WHITTMAN-HART, INC., SAN FRANSICO.
SENIOR MANAGER, JD EDWARDS PRACTICE (1998-1999)
· JDE Practice Manager, 11 Consultants; Recruiting; Scheduling, Mentoring, Pre-Sales.
(VIASOFT, INC) Application Consulting,
* Requirements definition. Assessment of user needs.
* Project planning and coordination. Lead and motivate team
* Hands on Accounting and Finance setup.
* Multi-currency, Intercompany, and AAI setup.
* User training and documentation
* Data and conversion analysis.
(TAB PRODUCTS) FINANCIALS Process analysis/TEAM LEADER,
* Hands on Accounting and Finance application support.
* Requirements definition. Assessment of user needs. Process Reengineering.
* Lead and motivate team. Project management.
* Interface with Sales Order/Distribution Team Leads.
(GALOOB TOYS, INC) FULL IMPLEMENTATION/DEVELOPMENT COORDINATION,
· Financial requirements analysis; Assessment of user needs and business processes.
· Application setup, documentation and support;
· Develop interface and data conversion technical specs; Supervise Programmers.
NATIONSBANC MONTGOMERY SECURITIES
TEAM LEADER, ADMINISTRATIVE APPLICATIONS (1997 – 1998)
OneWorld B220.127.116.11. (CO-existence) One of the first Live OneWorld environments:
* Application support for corporate office; Appx. 125 Purchasing users (included troubleshooting of on-line requisition approval process. Also supported
apps 30 finance users.
* Troubleshooting of setup, user, environment, and data issues.
* Acquired extensive knowledge of OneWorld configuration, and understanding of resources necessary to support OneWorld and a co-existent
* Assessment of user needs and data specs for data conversions; Designed interfaces; Supervised interface programming and outside consultants.
FIbrEBOARD CORPORATION (Dallas, TX)
MANAGER OF APPLICATIONS (1996 – 1997), - wORLD a7.3
· Provided JDE Application support for corporate office and three subsidiary companies. Application and JDE Technical Support for 125 users; Added
two subsidiaries to environment.
· Planned, installed, coordinated, and tested upgrades, PTF’s and laser check writing.
· Designed, tested, and debugged interfaces; Supervised interface programming.
Business REcords Corporation (dallas, tx)
CONSULTANT-AS/400, JDE APPLICATION, USER SUPPORT (1995 – 1996) - wORLD a5.2
· Supported and maintained JD Edwards financials. (AS/400 and all peripherals)
· Developed and implemented detailed security plan using both AS/400 and application security
· Performed simple modifications and enhancements to application software
· Evaluated, planned, and developed steps to improve the information retrieval from the system
Arcon group (Dallas, Tx) ACCOUNTING/MIS LIASION (1994 – 1995), WORLD A6.1FB
CPA (1985 – 1994) ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE. Various positions of increasing responsibility including: Auditor, Tax Consultant, Financial Analyst,
Controller, and Project Accountant and Senior Accountant. Participated in four ERP system conversions on various packages, worked on multiple
interfaces and data conversions. Heavy experience in Commercial Real Estate industry. Responsible for all accounting functions related to a variety of
projects and properties; budgeting, A/P, A/R and accounting. Responsible for property management, construction, and TI accounting for class A & B
office, retail, and Industrial properties. Financial operations management supervising A/R and A/P, preparing internal, external, and compliance reporting.
Performed data conversion of 1800 properties and 18 months of history. Setup compliance reporting system for contracted property managers. Managed
reporting from contract property managers. Maintained CPA license until 1998.
REFERENCES: Available upon request during the interview process.