Resume of Candidate: PEN175
Rate: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for rate information
JDA Enterprise Planning Consultant
JDA Enterprise Planning and Data analysis management professional with 15 years of diverse career knowledge in JDA systems, analysis, and project
management. Experienced in bringing accuracy, stability, and timely results and recommendations through innovative thinking, a winning attitude, and
partnership building to drive results.
Peningo Systems supporting L Brands / Victoria Secrets, Columbus, Ohio 01/15 to Present
JDA Enterprise Planning SME
As a JDA Enterprise Planning Functional Consultant, worked on the design, development, testing, and implementations solutions for client automations,
metrics, structure, and module scopes in JDA EP Suite.
• Added a new brand and new metrics to JDA Enterprise Planning.
• Application / Modules: JDA Enterprise Planning 8.x .
• Completed detailed functional and technical design specifications.
• Document and implemented the enhancements.
• Assist in the testing of enhancements.
• Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems.
• Decision making as it applied to overall architecture and detailed coding designs.
• Coordinate and collaborate with the partner teams.
Brown Shoe Inc. June 2008 – September 2014 Clayton, MO 63105
Merchandise Systems Manger (Retail Systems Admin and Analysis) – Famous Footwear
• Administrator for JDA’s Arthur and Enterprise Planning software. Consisted of system maintenance, troubleshooting, user training and issue
resolution, extensive partnering with power users and technical administrator.
• Accountable for all aspects of the reporting and analysis team within Famous Footwear. Encompassed scheduled reporting and extensive ad-hoc
reports and analysis. Many driven by JDA Enterprise Planning’s Performance Analysis (PA) data and EKB modules.
• JDA Enterprise Planning, Excel, AS400, and Data Warehouse power user with outstanding skills to create recommendations for the merchant teams
for stratigic decision making.
• Extensive partnership with the dot.com planning and buying teams, to analyze traffic and conversion.
• Administration of pricing and pricing systems at the item level by store group (cluster).
• Managed a team of 2 specialists with a strong spirit of teamwork.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a contagious “can do” attitude.
Major projects delivered:
• Accomplished a product hierarchy conversion in Enterprise Planning 8 to align business to buying trends. Required the rebuilding of Enterprise
planning, reporting and analysis tools within the company.
• Upgraded the planning system (JDA Enterprise Planning 8). Lead training classes for end users Enterprise Planning modules. ROI recognized in 6
months from go-live.
• Expert in utilizing JDA Enterprise Planning’s Performance Analysis (PA) to test and analyze data.
• Implemented a statistical analysis software by Wolfram (replaced another tool) saving $300k per year.
• Partnered with Oracle to upgrade pricing systems to maximize gross margin dollars and sell through. Realized a 75 basis point increase in gross
margin after implementation.
Infinity Resources Inc. January 2007 – August 2007 Itasca, IL 60143
Director of Merchandising (Buyer Book Program)
• Responsible for the entire book program at online retailer Deepdiscount.com, an entertainment consumer retail website. Inclusive of buying,
merchandising strategy, marketing, reporting, price management.
• Negotiated with manufacturers partners for product placement and promotional opportunities.
• Grew sales from to $16k per day from site launch via merchandising, co-op based promotions and customer targeted marketing. Growth of 30%+ per
month, compounded, during my tenure.
• Accountable for all financial metrics of the book program including sales, margin, open to buy, fill %, transaction time, and management of
• Oversaw Internal and External search engine optimization, key word results, price comparison tools, and CPC marketing partnerships.
Baker & Taylor October 2004 – December 2006 Charlotte, NC 28217
VMI Manager (Buyer-VMI )
• Started-up (evaluated, designed and implemented) a Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) solution to accommodate the needs of retail customers using
the VMR software package by JDA.
o VMI is a vendor-customer collaborative buying, forecasting, and inventory management process where a vendor controls the customer's
inventory, plans, and open to buy. Based on the customer’s stock information, the vendor manages the item assortment (Category Management) and
• Responsible for the entire operation and functionality of the VMI program.
• Managed ten retail accounts, totaling over 1300 locations and $61 million in annual sales. Customers included Costco, HEB, Winn Dixie, Walden
Books, Borders, Joseph Beth and others.
• Managed integration of accounts into VMI system. Inclusive of requirement gathering and documentation, EDI Exchange (810, 832, 850, 852, 855,
and 856), implementation, testing, and go-live with retailer.
• Sales of Vendor Managed Inventory services to current and perspective customers. This entailed sales presentations at customer sites, the
system integration of the VMI process/software and rollout to all locations.
• Reporting for customer analysis, program effectiveness, and sku management. Reports and analysis were utilized to identify opportunities to grow
sales, margin, and to increase sell-through.
o Additional analysis utilized syndicated data sources (AC Nielsen) to evaluate program success, top sellers and market share breakdowns.
• Start-up and implemented a visual space management software package. Intactix by JDA.
• Administered visual plano-grams at over 600 locations. These were used by the field for layout and merchandising of products on the retailer’s
• Directed a team of analysts and coordinators with career development, job scope and day to day activities. Hired, trained and managed team on VMI
system and customer needs and requirements.
Levy Home Entertainment July 1999 – October 2004 Hillside, IL 60162
Account Executive: Kmart Account
• Managed the full product life cycle for the book department of this $100+ Million account. This included the day to day operations and category
management by partnering with the Kmart buying team to accomplish joint results.
• Duties included selection of new items, Plano-gram assortments, and promotional displays.
• Managed every aspect of a “Value Book” program for mass market chains. This program had $10 million in annual sales. Program was in Meijer,
Target, Shopko, Kmart, Stop & Shop, and Toys R Us.
Task Force Project Manager
• Project management for the development of a data warehouse.
• This encompassed evaluation, purchase, implementation, and end-user training of the InfoManager data warehouse system. Accountable for
maintaining the timeline and budget of this project.
• Identified the “power” users in the company and trained them on the system.
Marketing Analyst: Kmart Account
• Analyzed POS sales data via Kmart’s Workbench System to provide research and data analysis support for key decisions and initiatives.
• Responsible for analyzing book sales to recognize opportunities and to make decisions on purchasing, customer’s inventory, and replenishment
based upon my analysis of data. Utilized a solid understanding of the key metrics and reporting methods used for evaluating and extending sales at the
• Point person for Kmart’s conversion to Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) business.
• Performed a series of reports that I created which were utilized by internal and external customers.
• Integrated data from multiple sources, developed systems for collecting and distributing data and reports.
• Duties also included various special projects and analyses, limited local PC and LAN support, and creation of presentations for both new and
Double Major in Business Administration and Management Information Systems (MIS)
Lewis University Graduated: May 1999 Romeoville, IL 60446
Two-Ten Foundation - Charitable Involvement
• Co-chair of the Famous Footwear committee for Two-Ten.
• Coordinated an annual golf tournament benefiting the Ten-Ten foundation.
o Grown net donation from $16k to $30k per year in five years.
Peningo Systems, Inc.