Peningo Systems, Inc.
Resume of Candidate: PEN128
Rate: email us at email@example.com for rate information
JDA Software Consultant
Expert in the delivery of systems integration projects with a focus on supply chain management solutions. An innovative hands-on leader with extensive
consulting experience delivering high profile projects in JDA Manugistics Demand Planning, E-procurement, as well as Process Re-engineering.
• Experienced supply chain professional with significant expertise in the design, development, and implementation of JDA Supply Chain Management
(SCM) solutions as well as process optimizations.
• His consulting background which encompasses functional lead, business lead, change management coupled together with a former technical
background provides him with a broad perspective uniquely suited to transform challenging projects into high impact solutions.
• Has played key consulting roles in delivering multiple full life-cycle implementations as well as major upgrade projects of JDA Networks Demand and
• Experience spans the full scope of the Supply Chain Management project life cycle including executing Supply Chain Diagnostics, developing
business case, opportunity assessment, business case justification, JDA design and configuration, business process modeling and re-design, packaged
software selection, software development and testing, solution implementation, training, conversion, and post-implementation support.
• Demand Management, Integrated Business Planning - S&OP
• Productivity Improvement, Benchmarking and Feasibility Studies, , Software Selection
• Project Management, Change Management, Business Analysis Methodologies
• i2 Demand Planner, Manugistics DP v. 4 through v. 7.4, Manugistics DRP v. 5 through v. 6.2, Ariba
• System Development Life Cycle, Data Modelling, DataWarehouse Design, Oracle RDBMS and SQL
• Supply Chain Optimization
• JDA Demand Networks
• JDA Collaborate
• Demand Planning
• Process Improvement
• Systems Integration
• Project Management
• Data Mapping
• Test Lead
• Consumer Packaged Goods
• Oracle Production and Distribution Planning (PDP)
• Demantra Spectrum Demand Planning
• Oracle Advanced Planning Agent (APAg)
• Custom supply chain application development
• Adexa SCP
• JDE One World
• Iona College
B.S., Business Administration
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
JDA 7.2.3 Implementation: Functional Lead
• Provided best practice consultancy or global JDA implementation. Evalauted and documented As-Is process and facilitated design of superior
Future State design leveraging of JDA Networks Demand Planning and Collaborate functionality.
• Designed forecasting DFU hierarchy which best supported overall process and accuracy. Developed interface specifications and liaison with
technical team to ensure proper translation of business requirements to technical products.
• Designed and lead prototype to validate functional design and alignment to new processes. Developed test plan and test scripts and managed
execution and resolution of issues to ensure quality results.
• Designed and delivered training to end-users.
JDA 7.2.1 to 7.2.2 upgrade: Functional Lead
• Provided functional consulting to manage overall upgrade of JDA 7.1 to 7.2 upgrade along with multiple system enhancements. Captured business
requirements and conducted analysis of relevant statistical data to support
• Demand Planning analytics and decision support. Designed and documented new reports and the Cognos cubes along with all interfaces.
• Configured JDA software to enable business to best capitalize on new functionality.
• Conducted regression rigorous testing which identified key software defects, and facilitated resolution with JDA support .
• Developed training material and co-delivered user training for new release.
JDA Re- implementation and 7.2.1 Upgrade: Functional Lead
• Initially provided support and stabilized existing JDA 6.x Networks Demand, Fulfillment and Collaborate software.
• Provided functional consultancy for JDA 6.x to 7.2.1 re-implementation of Demand Planning and Collaborate. Captured Demand Planning As-Is
processes, conducted GAP analysis and facilitated team in developing superior new design utilizing many industry ‘best practices’.
• Configured JDA Demand Planning software to align to business requirements.
• Developed comprehensive prototype plans, scenarios and scripts and led successful execution of prototype.
JDA 7.2.1 Networks Demand Implementation: Business/Functional Lead
Developed a Business Case for implementing JDA 7.2.1Demand and Fulfillment software. Captured business requirements, then developed and
documented Future State processes as well as functional and technical specification.
Documented reporting requirements for a new Cognos Data Warehouse cube.
Developed Prototype plan and scripts, and enabled Prototype by proactively resolving complex data and systems issues. Planned and led Pilot activities
including; configuring JDA, conducted team training, mentored and supported users, conducted Workshops and tested interfaces. Managed seamless
migration of data from Rhythm i2 software to JDA. Fulfilled Super-User role before transitioning to end user
JDA 5.2 Demand Planning /DPEE Implementation: Team Lead
Led the technical team and business teams for three business units through successful implementation of JDA 5.3 Demand Planning /DP/EE software
integrating with SAP and other legacy systems. Worked effectively with multiple functional groups, business units and applications including Business
Planning, Sales and Ops planning, VMI, Demand Planning, Supply and Manufacturing Planning, SAP Order Management and Corporate Reporting.
Captured Current State and facilitated Future State process design. Conducted data analysis and data cleansing to resolve complex data issues.
Identified data integrity issue between DP/EE, DTA and SCPO, then wrote scripts to synchronize missing data.
Planned and configured and managed Prototype to validated functional design. Developed functional and technical specifications and was laison with
IT. Developed rollout strategies, interface design and software configuration
JDA Demand Planning Implementation: Technical Lead/System Architect
Managed technical staff 15 to deliver technical integration and configuration of JDA 4.6 Demand Planning/ DP/EE, including integration with DRP - Supply
Planning, data warehouse, and legacy systems. Executed data analysis, data modeling and data mapping utilizing corporate tools. Planned and
coordinated technical team activities such as; gap analysis, data analysis, data mapping, package configuration, interface design, development and
testing. Supported business team by designing multiple alternatives for consensus forecast. Promoted to Senior Systems Architect after 10 months and
multiple project renewals by the client.
Demand Planning Process Optimization: Process Team Lead
Conducted a benchmark study of Supply Chain and then compiled a business case which identified opportunities for significant Demand Planning
Applied effective facilitation skills and deep knowledge of supply chain best practices, to lead 15 key business stakeholders through design of new
collaborative Sales and Operational processes which delivered significant improvements in inventory savings and customer service.
Recommended and implemented creation of a new Demand Planning department and reporting relationships, job design and incentives to support
motivating change, enabling proper accountabilities and independence from bias influences. Developed system requirements to support collaborative
customer planning over web based technologies, as well as integration with SAP and other legacy systems.
Demand Forecast Model Optimization: Project Lead
Evaluated current state forecast modeling techniques and processes and researched independent variables as possible leading indicators to enhance
forecasting and supply chain performance.
Identified and Implemented new variables into models and developed improved processes which lead to more responsive and more accurate
September 2003 - Present (7 years 2 months)
July 2002 – Current
• Developed business strategy and concepts, business plans and startup implementation plan to launch Consulting company.
• Conducted Diagnostic Assessment and Benchmarking of Demand Planning processes identifying key opportunities for optimizing performance for
largest retail pharmacy chain in middle east.
• Developed Forecasting Software Selection analysis, scorecarding and report for retailer Consumer Healthcare
• Senior Demand Planning Functional Lead - JDA Demand Networks and Collaborate
• Implementation at Maple Leaf Foods
Senior Supply Chain Consultant
2006 - 2010 (4 years)
Designed and implemented JDA Demand Planning and Collaborate system that complied with the corporate global template standards, on time and within
budget. Led design testing and training phases of project.
• Conducted current state analysis of Demand Forecasting and Distribution/Supply Planning
• functions, then facilitated design of future state processes
• Conducted GAP analysis, documented Business and Functional Requirements, then developed
• accurate technical specifications for all interfaces
• Led Business Integration Testing including development test planning thorough test scripts and
• then test execution which ensured high quality of deliverables
• Delivered customized training of software to demand planning users and sales planners
November 2005 – October 2006
Sr. Business Analyst - Contract
• Capture business requirements and conducted analysis of relevant decision support data to support Supply Chain planning functions
• Developed Functional Specification which leveraged new systems enhancements
• Designed and documented new reports and the Cognos cubes along with all interfaces
• Conducted rigorous testing which identified key software defects, and then facilitated resolution with software vendor.
• Developed Training material and co-delivered user training for new release.
January 2005 – November 2005
Sr. Business Analysts/Consultant – Contract
• Assessed and documented Supply Chain Planning As-Is processes and facilitated team in developing superior new design utilizing many ‘best
• Provided functional consultancy for JDA 7.2.1 implementation.
• Assisted in development of Project Plan and Project Charter.
• Developed and validated Functional Requirements.
• Developed comprehensive Prototype plans, scenarios and scripts and led successful execution of Prototype.
May 2003 – January 2005
Business Team Lead - Contract
• Developed a Business Case for implementing JDA Demand and Fulfillment software
• Captured Business Requirements, then developed and documented Future State process
• Documented Reporting Requirements for a new Cognos Data Warehouse cube
• Developed Prototype plan and scripts, and enabled Prototype by proactively resolving complex data and systems issues
• Planned and led Pilot activities including; configuring JDA, executed team training, mentored and supported users, conducted Workshops and
• Managed seamless migration of data from Rhythm i2 software to JDA
• Transferred knowledge as JDA Super User role to Pfizer staff
. March 2002 – September 2002
Sr. Business Analyst – Contract
Client: Hewlett Packard - B2B Ecommerce/Supply Chain
Developed design and functional requirements for global B2B Storefront, Supply Chain
integration and catalogue management systems
November 2002 – January 2003
Sr. Business Analyst – Contract
• Developed Business Opportunity Statement for converting Lotus Notes based employee intranet into a new portal platform
Supply Chain Management Practice - Principle Consultant May 1997 – May 2001
The following are selected Projects with PriceWaterhouseCoopers
PWC Client: Royal Bank of Canada June 2000 – January 2001
E-Procurement Ariba Buyer Consultant
• Conducted workshops of workflow analysis to drive out superior Functional design
• Developed and documented data mapping and technical specifications
• Configured and tested Tibco middleware and Ariba UI to support SAP PCard integration
PWC Client: Kawasaki Canada Ltd February 2000 – May 2000
Demand Forecast Model Optimization Project Lead
• Evaluated current state forecast modeling techniques and processes and researched independent variables as possible leading indicators
• Implemented new variables into models and developed improved processes which lead to more responsive and more accurate forecasting model.
PWC Client: Sony Canada Ltd. August 1999 - January 2000
Business Process Reengineering Team Lead
• Conducted a benchmark study of Supply Chain and then compiled a business case which identified opportunities for significant supply chain
• Through effective facilitation skills and deep knowledge of supply chain, lead 15 key business stakeholders to design new Supply Chain processes
which delivered significant inventory savings , improved customer service and many other ongoing benefits.
• Recommended and implemented creation of a new Demand Planning department and reporting relationships, job design and incentives to support
motivating change, enabling proper accountabilities and independence from bias influences.
• Developed system requirements to support collaborative customer planning over web based technologies, as well as integration with SAP and
other legacy systems.
PWC Client: Nabisco Canada Ltd. August 1997 – March 1999
Manugistics/ JDA Project Lead
• Led the technical team and business teams for three business units through successful implementation of JDA Demand Planning .
• Worked effectively with multiple functional groups, business units and applications including Business Planning, Sales and Ops planning, VMI,
Demand Planning, Supply and Manufacturing Planning, SAP Order Management and Corporate Reporting.
• Developed rollout strategies, interface design, software configuration, then conducted data analysis and data cleansing, wrote interface scripts and
• Successfully orchestrated the full scale technical Migration and Conversion of JDA from OS/2 platform to AIX. Supervised conversion and QA
DMR Consulting Ltee. (Sr Systems Architect)
DMR Client: Canadian Tire Corporation November 1995 - June 1997
JDA Technical Team Leader- System Architect
• As a DMR consultant, managed development team of 15 to deliver technical integration and configuration of JDA Demand Planning, including
integration with DRP - Supply Planning, data warehouse, and legacy systems.
• Executed data analysis, data modeling and data mapping utilizing corporate tools
• Planned and coordinated technical team activities such as; gap analysis, data analysis, data mapping, package configuration, interface design,
development and testing.
• Supported business team by designing multiple alternatives for consensus forecast.
• Promoted to Senior Systems Architect after 10 months and multiple project renewals by the client.
Office Worker Advisor - Ministry of Labor January 1995 - November 1995
Case Management Project Business Analyst / Project Leader
ISM Information Systems Management February 1992 - September 1994
Health Care Systems Project Leader/Consultant
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc. February 1990 – February 1992
Supervisor Applications Development
MAI Canada Ltd. June 1988 to January 1990
Software Manager, Health Care
Melgar Automated Systems Inc. March 1984 – May 1988
Shared Medical Systems Inc. April 1980 - March 1983
Senior Application Specialist
B.Sc. Business Administration (1978) Iona College New Rochelle, N.Y.
Professional Training and Certifications:
Project Management WorkShop (IBM) E-Commerce Bridge Process (PwC)
Xerox Professional Customer Service Business Process Change Methodology (PwC)
Package Implementation Methodology (PwC) JDA Supply Planning (PwC)
JDA Demand Planning (PwC) Ariba Buyer ACE Technical Certification
DMR Pplus Development Methodology QA Test methodology
Oracle Case Tool i2 Rhythm Link Demand Planner (PwC)
Oracle DBA 6.0, 7.0 Cognos Data warehouse
Oracle Forms Oracle Pl/Sql
Oracle SQL Report Writer UNIX admin