Peningo Systems, Inc.
Resume of Candidate: PEN-103
Rate: email us at email@example.com for rate information
Hyperion Software Consultant
Steve has over 20 years of professional experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle, pre and post sales, specializing in Financial
Consolidations, Reporting, Budgeting and Operational Analysis. Over 15 of those years were with Hyperion Solutions, where he implemented, led and
managed over 100 presales and client implementations of Hyperion Enterprise. He has the ability to understand and bridge the gap between business
requirements and technical specifications and provide valuable and innovative solutions for technology and business groups. Steve is an effective
Project Manager with established successes in sales and the creation, organization and management of sales, presales, client services, marketing,
partner development, and customer care in the enterprise software and consulting industry. Prior to joining Hyperion, Steve’s experiences included
various roles in the private sector as staff, senior accountant and manager in general ledger, internal and external reporting.
Technical Environments and Product Experience
Hyperion Financial Management
Hyperion Application Link
Ledger Link Hyperion Reports, Enterprise Reporting, Analyzer & Smart View
MS SQL, Analysis Services & Performance Point Server
Media & Entertainment
Oil & Gas
• As well as working for Software vendors, I have has also worked with large and small consulting firms where he was responsible for the design,
architecture, and implementation of numerous successful Business Intelligence and large multi-dimensional applications where he continued to apply
his experience and led, managed and Implemented Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Planning and
OutlookSoft BPC (Everest) at numerous Fortune 500 companies.
• I have held many Management and key individual contributor roles with Hyperion Solutions responsible for Business Development, Product and
Consulting Readiness, Consulting Quality and Practice.
• Applied financial application expertise to sales support, critical client situations and new product development. He proposed application designs
and prototyped solutions in a sales support role, developed and presented complex application designs and technical solutions to CFO’s, Controllers,
CIO’s and Executive Management.
• I also have deep insight into understanding the customer’s needs and requirements and translating them into successful designed and deployed
applications. He has been responsible for resource and cost management, evaluating key design alternatives, and the management of client
expectations and concerns.
• Worked extensively with Performance Point Server (PPS) from initial beta (CTP1) up through commercial availability (RTM) and successfully
architected, managed and implemented PPS for several clients and other engagements, including multiple industry demo’s and POC’s.
Jan 2007 – Sep 2008
(System Integrator in Performance Management and Business Intelligence solutions based on Microsoft SQL server technologies, Performance Point
Server, and the Office suite)
• Focus on consulting operations and the growth of the organization responsible for the implementation and deployment of Performance
Management solutions based on Microsoft SQL server technologies, Performance Point Server, and the Office suite
• Carry out full life cycle implementations at Fortune 500 and other large companies, manage a team of on-site and remote developers, including third
party consultants, performing information gathering, design, develop and deployment
• Defined our implementation methodology to ensure our client’s migration to Microsoft’s Performance Point Server platform and established and
implemented readiness program for our consulting partners and employees
• SQL Server 2005 (SQL Services & Analysis Services), Performance Point Server 2007
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
May 2005 – Jan 2007
(Preferred Partner and Reseller in BI and BPM with a concentration in Hyperion's toolkit)
• Architected and implemented Hyperion Essbase and Financial Management for several large manufacturing companies.
• Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion HAL, Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Reports, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Enterprise Reporting, Smart
View, Essbase Spreadsheet Add-in
Sr. Manager, Quality and Practices
Jul 2003 - Oct 2004
• Responsible for the creation and management of the processes put in place to reduce inefficiencies of the consulting organization.
• Established and managed formal and informal account reviews for selected engagements reducing write-offs and increasing customer satisfaction
• Designed streamlined proposal process reducing sales administrative downtime for Consulting managers by 20%
• Created and managed GSI strategic consulting relationship, from orientation, hardware setup, product training, through project assignment.
Director, Services Business Development
Nov 1999 – Jul 2003
• Recruited and managed a team of senior application and technical experts responsible for the creation and growth of a consulting practice.
Developed revenue streams in the applications market, by focused attention to vertical, channel markets and shelf-ware opportunities.
• Created two major Service offering’s that generated Software, Training and Service dollars in excess of $3,000,000
• Managed alpha, beta and initial client implementations of our efforts
• Established and managed effective working relationship with Service Management, Product Marketing, Product Development and other key
functional areas in understanding the market, product and Services strategic direction
• Managed the process of certifying over 75% of the consultants and the creation and deployment of Top Gun throughout the Essbase community
Director, Strategic Solutions Team Nov 2000 - Mar 2002
• Managing a team of senior application and technical experts responsible for growth in the analytical applications market, by focusing on the
development and deployment of industry solutions in key vertical markets. Objectives were to maximize company revenues by providing strategic sales,
acquisition and partner support.
• Managed and provided expertise of financial systems in the research, creation and development of new products, markets and partners for
• Developed, implemented and managed a cross functional team
Jun 1998 – Nov 1999
Director, Product Readiness Group Jun 1997 - Jun 1998
• Recruited, trained and managed a team of senior application experts who were responsible for maximizing client reference ability on new product
releases. In this capacity, we worked closely with Product Management, Product Marketing and Development to insure that the products had the
required functionality to address the client needs.
• Established groups function within the company
• Delivered references at time of commercial release
Director, Business Analysis Group Sep 1996 - Jun 1997
• Managed a team deployed in strategic sales, client and product situations for a new business and product line based on OLAP technology.
• Applied groups expertise in the launch of Hyperion’s most successful product
• Contributed 8 million dollars of new sales revenue its first year while maintaining a customer satisfaction rating of over 85%
• Designed comprehensive application implementation best practices project plans and design documents
Senior Application Expert Apr 1995 – Sep 1996
• Applied financial application and client server expertise to sales support, critical client situations and new product development. Proposed
application designs and prototyped solutions in a sales support role. Developed and presented complex application designs and technical solutions to
CFO’s, controllers, CIO’s and executive management.
• Top revenue generator for two years in a row (over 3 million dollars per year)
• Provided application expertise in the development and launch of two new products
Project coordinator Sep 1989 – Apr 1995
• Managed, designed and implemented financial applications. Responsible for resource and cost management, evaluating key design alternatives
and the management of client expectations and concerns.
• Top revenue generator for 2 years in a row (over 200 thousand dollars per year)
Prepared and presented multiple sessions at annual User’s Conference